All EPFSUG matters open for everyone, archived for everywhere.

Text archives Help

Re: [EPFSUG] Do one of you know the web guys at the commission?

  • From: Karsten Gerloff < >
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [EPFSUG] Do one of you know the web guys at the commission?
  • Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2011 14:02:45 +0100

On Tue, Nov 22, 2011 at 10:56:39PM +0100, Xavier Dutoit wrote:
> Hi,
>
> So, for some reasons, I was browsing a blog at the EC instead of getting
> drunk.
>
> http://blogs.ec.europa.eu/waltzing_matilda/short-shorter-shortest-webservices-to-make-tiny-urls/
>
> The authors (Fleur and Anne) are writing about url shorteners and :
> "At the moment bit.ly is the undisputed market leader, but the
> list<http://www.techmaish.com/list-of-230-free-url-shorteners-services/>of
> open source websites where you can shrink your link is inexhaustible."

There was an interesting moment in Germany recently, when
Ghaddafi's death was announced in the media. The German chancellor
welcomed his demise on Twitter, using a bit.ly URL -- more than
a little ironic, since .ly is Lybia's TLD.

Best regards,
Karsten
--
Karsten Gerloff [ ]
< >

Free Software Foundation Europe e.V. is a German Verein registered
at the Registergericht Hamburg (VR 17030).

Archive powered by MHonArc 2.6.16.

Top of page