All EPFSUG matters open for everyone, archived for everywhere.

Text archives Help

Re: [EPFSUG] FW: Invitation: "FREE YOUR ANDROID" with Erik Albers FRIDAY 1st FEBRUARY @ 16h00

  • From: Dimitris Symeonidis < >
  • To: EPFSUG < >,
  • Subject: Re: [EPFSUG] FW: Invitation: "FREE YOUR ANDROID" with Erik Albers FRIDAY 1st FEBRUARY @ 16h00
  • Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2013 11:13:51 +0100

what about the iDroid project?

Paulina is not on our mailing list, so I put her in copy. Paulina, I
think you should come to our event on Friday and ask precisely that
question!

Hope to see you there
Dimitrios Symeonidis
progress depends on the unreasonable man."
- George Bernard Shaw

On 29 January 2013 11:09, stef
< >
wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 29, 2013 at 10:54:32AM +0100, FRITZ Daniel wrote:
>> I have an idea about the answer, but I rather give the floor to the
>> experts.
>>
>> Could you tell her why?
>
> easy,
>
> - android is based on linux, just locked down to secure the profits of the
> mobile providers.
> - while iphones are completely proprietary, and locked down to secure the
> profits of apple.
>
> so there's nothing to liberate on iphones, they are so utterly tuned towards
> maximising profits and disenfranchising users rights, that it's a totally
> lost
> cause.
>
> --
> pgp: https://www.ctrlc.hu/~stef/stef.gpg
> *NEW* pgp fp: FD52 DABD 5224 7F9C 63C6 3C12 FC97 D29F CA05 57EF
> see: http://www.ctrlc.hu/~stef/key-transition-ca0557ef.txt
> otr fp: https://www.ctrlc.hu/~stef/otr.txt

Archive powered by MHonArc 2.6.16.

Top of page